Once Upon A Time in a land not-so-far-away I was a Long-Daycare Teacher and I would create magical activities for the Children to explore and go on their own adventures with.
Along with my mother (a Pre-School Teacher of many years) we’re now finding the best tried and tested ones for you to create at home with your little ones, you can discover them in the brand new Get Crafty section of the website and here’s the first one- Playdough!
- 500ml Water
- Dash of Food Colouring
- 60ml Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cream of Tartar
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- If you’re feeling particularly risky you can also add a pinch of Glitter
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Microwavable Container
- Bench/ Table
- Air Tight Container
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add the Food Colouring to the Water
- Mix all of the ingredients well in a bowl and put them into a microwave safe container
- Heat in the microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes
- Stir the mixture and then heat for another 2 minutes
- The consistency should now be a fairly gluey lump- if it looks like this then carefully take it out of the container and put it on to a floured surface to cool
- Once cooled, kneed the dough until it is smooth and keep it in an air tight container when not in use
- Have fun creating with it!
*Image via Canva